- Designate “Move Coordinators” within departments to monitor and direct placement of furniture and supplies.
- Coordinators should work closely with a Mark’s Moving & Storage project manager to make sure everyone understands what is expected before, during and after the move. This will greatly reduce the risk of miscommunication.
- Distribute move memos and instructions to staff.
- Work with telephone, computer and data contractors to determine placement of fax, phone and data communication lines.
- Coordinate with Mark’s Moving & Storage project manager to determine which areas will be packed by us.
- Post floor plan and make sure all offices and areas at new site are clearly marked regarding placement of furniture and boxes.
- Make sure parking spaces are available for trucks at both locations. If necessary, make elevator reservations. Confirm with building management the move dates and times. Inform your Mark’s Moving & Storage project manager of all date or time restrictions.
The Day Prior to Move
- Make sure all items to be moved have Mark’s Moving & Storage ID labels attached so we can identify where items will be placed at new office site.
- Make sure all “Storage,” “Trash” and “Do Not Move” tags are clearly labeled and appropriately placed.
- The condition of all furniture and equipment should be carefully checked and noted.
- All supply cabinets should be cleared and emptied.
- All wall items should be taken down and either packed or placed against a wall ready to be moved.
- All breakable items should be properly packed.
- We cannot move fluids, chemicals or any type of hazardous or flammable materials. Please make sure all liquids have been drained from equipment.
- Arrange to have all computers and office equipment serviced and disconnected prior to move.
- All desks should be completely emptied.
- All file drawers should be locked.
- All phones, computer scanners, printers and accessories should be in “locked” position or properly packed away
- Be available to answer inquiries and be prepared to give directions if you have not already done so.
About Mark’s Moving & Storage: Mark’s Moving & Storage has been helping people move since 1979. The company operates more than 150,000 square feet of storage space and more than 25 trucks and trailers. With the simple philosophy that customers must be made 100 percent satisfied, Mark’s Moving & Storage provides a wide range of services including local and long-distance moving, long and short-term storage and commercial relocation. Learn more at www.marksmoving.com.