Furniture sold during the event is provided by the foundation. Mark’s Moving & Storage will host the event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at its corporate headquarters, 111 Milk Street in Westborough.
“We are very excited to continue this tradition,” said Mark Silverman, president and CEO of Mark’s Moving & Storage. “This is a great opportunity to raise money for Household Goods and to help those in need.”
Silverman established the furniture foundation to help provide repurposed furniture to those in need. While the foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Mark’s Moving is an integral part of the foundation’s operation and regularly collects furniture on the foundation’s behalf.
Mark’s Moving & Storage is a frequent supporter of local charities and non-profit organizations. Most recently, the company was honored with a Community Business Leader Award by the Corridor 9/495 Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Examples of the company’s community engagement include:
- Donating services to benefit the United Way of Tri-County.
- Providing transportation for the Needham Harvest Fair.
- Committing to free moving and storage services for the Jewish Family & Children’s Service.
- Supporting Project Graduation in Westborough.
- Helping move Mother’s Day baskets for women in need.
- Donating services to Cradles to Crayons.
- Sponsoring a fundraiser for cancer patients.
- Partnering with Needham Youth and Family Services for “Make a Statement Day.”
About Mark’s Moving & Storage: Mark’s Moving & Storage has been helping people move since 1979. The company operates more than 90,000 square feet of storage space and more than 25 trucks and trailers. With the simple philosophy that customers must be made 100 percent satisfied, Mark’s Moving & Storage provides a wide range of services including local and long-distance moving, long and short-term storage and commercial relocation. Learn more at www.marksmoving.com.